Aoproved Minutes from Last meeting
Pastoral Council Minutes
April 24, 2017
Members Present: Karol Stroik, Alan Ehster, Nancy Chikowski, Joleen Murphy, Father Bob Fictum, Bill Kartheiser, Melissa Sowinski, Jim Laneri, Diane Nowinski, Bets Olson, Kris Clausing, Rhonda Horvath, Dean Rondorf, Phil Baranowski
The meeting opened with Vespers in the St Ann Chapel
Council viewed the Video of a Reflection by Archbishop Listeski from the Fall Leadership Gathering
Minutes from the February 27, meeting were reviewed and approved by consensus
- Welcome to Bill Kartheiser who is filling the open position of Trustee/Secretary which was created when Diane Nowinski, started for the parish as Director of Administrative Services as of March 20th
- Staffing the office will become more of a team effort where Diane and Melissa will back each other up when either is out of the office.
- Holy Week and Easter went smoothly
- Two RCIA candidates were received into the church and confirmed on Holy Saturday.
- Two new Auxiliary Bishops were ordained and beginning their ministry
- 4th Annual Prayer Breakfast is May 4th at Royal Ridges
- Morning Mass Monday thru Friday will move to FDL site starting May 1st, as well as the 8 am Mass will move to FDL site on May 7th.
- Ripon Food Pantry Lease is up for renewal as of July1st. The group approved the renewal of the Lease by consensus. Lease doesn’t include any rent.
- Leadership Newsletter was shared. Jim Laneri and Rhonda Horvath don’t believe they receive this, Diane will follow-up
- A handout of the Priest and Lay Ecclesial Office regarding priests in the Archdiocese
- There was an ordination of Transitional Deacons on Saturday April 22nd
Finance Council – didn’t meet
Human Concerns – didn’t meet
- Decorating for the Easter Season was discussed as well as Holy Week. Palm Sunday the proclamation of the Gospel by the three “voices” in front of the altar worked well.
- Eucharistic Ministers will send a letter to remind them of some items that need to be done.
- Weekday and 8 am Sunday Mass will move back to the FDL site as of May 1st.
Formation/Religious Education –
- T-Shirts were ordered and delivered
- 5th Sunday collection this month is for the Mission Trip
- Summer Excursion – Timber Rattlers game on Wednesday July 19th.
- Movie Night is planned for May 13th
- First Eucharist – May 7th 10 am Mass
- Last day of Religious Education Classes – May 3, 2017
- Confirmation Mass – June 11th at 10 am Mass at the FDL site with Archbishop Listecki+
- Chicken Dinner April 29th
- Parish Picnic July 31st
- Oktoberfest October 29th
- Brat Fry April 29th at Webster’s
- Right to Life Rose Sale May 13/14
Stewardship Meeting in January with Tracy Welliver. Dean talked about Stewardship and the importance of it in a parish. It was decided that we would watch the video next council meeting/
District APC meeting report by Dean
- Talked about Committees doing a 5 minute presentation before the announcements/Mass to explain what the committee does and how to get involved. This can be committees, ministries, catechists, etc.
- 1% Challenge – roll it out at Mass. Include the bible passages attached to the cards for the parish.
- Video equipment and how it can be used at Mass. The Pros and the Cons. Archdiocese is working on guidelines and were looking for input.
Next Meeting May 22, 2017 6:00 pm in Classroom 8.
Rhonda Horvath has closing prayer